Friday, September 06, 2024

paradise

Today was a bananas day. I got up v early to drive down to Redwood City to get a whole body MRI - my boss organized a group discount, and doing some expensive tech thing to get a baseline of your health is such a silicon valley thing to do. The scan went fine, although lying still for that long was annoying - and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. 

Then I ran a bunch of errands for work, which was a mad scramble - I picked up name tags, got cash, attempted to buy speakers, bought ice, and got to the office to discover that they had all bed dealing with a flood. But we pulled it together enough to host an event today, which was fun. And then I slogged all afternoon, which was less fun. 

But I ducked out around five and met up with Lauren (aka Subz) at Mykonos in Burlingame. The place was super fun an the was giving vibes that reminded us of Touch, which was a club we went to in India when we were children. We had a v excellent conversation and some tasty food, and I am so glad I got to see her. 

While Lauren is always a great way to end my trip, I'm unfortunately ending it earlier than planned - my dad got sick this week, and I decided to cancel my weekend plans and go home tomorrow. So now I'm going to bed early so I can pack and head for the airport tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: