Thursday, September 05, 2024

baby I just want to dance

I had a v lovely day, all in all - I didn't go to the office because I had several things to take care of near the hotel (namely laundry + picking up a rental car for some things I have to do this week). But I slogged all day with some degree of success, and I continued to slog over a snack to fortify me for a v late dinner reservation. 

Dinner was at Rich Table, which I hadn't been to since a nice night with Jen Lui many years ago. Adit made the reservation today and it's usually hard to get in on that short notice, but all the restaurants in the city seem to have availability right now (prevailing wisdom says it's the after effects of Burning Man last week). Chandlord and I met up and walked over together, which I thought was a nice gesture until I realized she just wanted a captive audience for her slide show of her Bali trip. 

sssanyway, the reservation was at 8:30 (feeling a little like country mouse in the face of these city mouse dinner times), and we had an excellent meal. Their gluten free options were excellent, and we were also able to do vegetarian well, so we all won. We had an excellent caesar salad, an even better burrata and tomato salad, and a v interesting and tasty "peaches and cream" with excellent peaches and some tangy creamy goodness. Our entrees were a gluten free pasta and a fried rice with cheese that was way better than you might have expected. And we ordered an outstanding frozen granita / sherbet thing for dessert, but they also brought me a strawberry panna cotta with a birthday candle. I don't usually love panna cotta, but this one was perfect. 

Throughout all that, we stayed remarkably sober while discussing a variety of life questions (mostly "how are you living"). And now I need to sleep because I have to get to the office all too soon tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: