Sunday, September 22, 2024

bury them in florida

Sorry for not blogging yesterday - I was actually pretty productive and had some reasonably interesting updates to share, but I was too tired to get into it when I was ready to go to bed.

Yesterday was the town celebration, and I rallied myself to walk 'downtown' (which is three blocks long) to join the parade. I had two options - Garden Club or PEO - and I chose PEO because they had an actual seat for me in the front of the side-by-side. The class of 1964 was ahead of us - they were the last graduating class from the town's high school before it closed, and it was their 60th reunion this year. It was nice to see the festival still going, and I probably should have participated a bit more. But it looked like it might rain, so I said hi to a few people, bought a tshirt, and walked home.

I spent yesterday afternoon working in the basement, and then I made tater tot casserole and took it out to mom and dad's for dinner. [Censored] and I hung out there for awhile, and then we came home and I messed around until bed.

Today was both more and less productive - more productive because I wrote for several hours (in a couple of stints - this morning with coffee in bed; this afternoon / evening on my chaise longue), but less productive because I didn't clean anything upstairs like I had intended. However, the writing was a good feeling. I did a tiny bit more stuff in the basement, but I mostly slacked until dinner - when I made a new-to-me recipe for eggplant parmigiana. [Censored] thought I would really have something if I replaced the eggplant with chicken, which I'll accept as a review. I thought it turned out quite well, and I was especially impressed by the breading - I used the gluten free bread crumbs that I use when making ham balls, and mixed them with parmesan and some spices, and it was v. tasty. This version was also baked instead of fried, so cleanup was a lot easier - and I put it together in two smaller pans so I could freeze one immediately to eat later (and so that [censored] doesn't feel compelled to eat leftovers of something that isn't chicken].

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: