Monday, September 30, 2024

extra bright i want you all to see this

I'm strangely tired, but Monday seems to do that to me - it's all meetings, all day, and I do not enjoy the rapid immersion into the work week. I got up this morning and wrote a little bit before work, and then I slogged all day.

I unfortunately had meetings until 6:30pm, but I took time to put some skirt steak into a marinade earlier in the afternoon, and I started some rice in the rice cooker around 5:45. So, when I was done with meetings, I fired up the grill and grilled some skirt steak for fajitas (sort of fajitas - no veggies included). Since it's getting dark way earlier than I want it to, I was finishing up the grilling as twilight descended, but I beat the darkness and it turned out quite well. I also heated up some refried beans, and so the steak + refried beans + rice made for an excellent dinner (if I do say so myself).

After chatting with [censored] while eating, I cleaned up the kitchen, retreated upstairs, and took care of some v. necessary personal business. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: