Sunday, October 25, 2009

enjoy the little things

It will be interesting to see if I get out of Dallas tomorrow morning -- there are strong thunderstorms going on right now, and so while Katie's husband James quite fortuitously got on a flight back here tonight after many tribulations, he got rerouted to San Antonio for fuel. That does not bode well, particularly since it is supposed to storm all night.

But despite that, I had a fantastic time in Dallas. Today, Katie and I got up and had a light breakfast before she dropped me off at Laura's for lunch. It was great to see Laura; we started off by making a craft (a card for Katie, who thought it was ridiculous that I made her a card when we were only separated for a couple of hours), and then her husband made some great barbecued chicken and sweet potato fries. Katie came back around 2:30, and we ended up hanging out for another couple of hours while Laura made a pear tart and we all sat around her kitchen.

After parting ways with Laura, Katie and I went to the theatre to see "Zombieland". Overall, I really liked it, which is perhaps unsurprising given that I am into post-apocalyptic stories. Woody Harrelson was awesome, the other lead dude was entertaining, and it was generally funny. However, there were only eight people in the theatre, including us, and two of them walked out in the middle, so it kind of dampened my enjoyment, since I laugh louder when other people are laughing too. But, it was still good. Then we came home, and Katie made a delicious dinner of scallops and baked potatoes before we watched the premiere of "White Collar", a ridiculous crime show that I *adored*. Now it's after midnight and we're both exhausted, so it's time for bed.

No comments: