Sunday, October 04, 2009

stupid

I had a highly productive day, which made for a highly happy day. I woke up a little after eight a.m., and procrastinated by cleaning the apartment; I finally brought the Swiffer over from Vidya's, and I successfully Swiffered up about six cloths' worth of hair from the hardwood floors in the apartment. I thought that this would appease Adit, since Adit really only cares about the quantity of hair in the apartment (dust and other factors seem to matter much less); but, when he got home tonight, he still insisted on testing the dirt devil that I bought by vacuuming exactly where I was sitting, since theoretically my traditional seat is the most hair-covered place in the entire apartment.

ssssanyway, after sharing far too much, let's move on. I spent the day working on the full outline for Madeleine and Ferguson's book. Part of that work was done in the apartment; after I talked to my mother in the early afternoon, Adit, Priyanka and I repaired to Leland Tea, which was my favorite haunt in my old neighborhood. It's a v. friendly place, if a bit bizarre, and the owner was as entertaining as usual. I finished up the outline there -- basically, I've outlined fifty or sixty scenes that I still need to write, in addition to key details to add to previous scenes and some general restructuring that I shall do later. I'm feeling v., v. good about the progress I've made this weekend. The scary part comes tomorrow, when I intend to get up early and write before work; this will be the first bona fide writing I've done on this manuscript in many weeks, but there's no time like the present to get back into it.

Beyond that, there's nothing to report; my hermitage was well worth it, but I need to get back into the habit of writing every day regardless of whether I'm able to be a hermit every day or not. Now, though, if I'm going to get up early, I should really go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: