Thursday, October 22, 2009

let's make love and listen to death from above

This is a four-minute post. I'm rather tired; the morning started off with a worse-than-usual commute to my eight a.m. meeting, and then I stayed at the office for almost twelve hours so that I could get a firm grip on things and therefore be able to leave for the weekend without needing to do any work at all. Happily, I was successful, even if that means I will get a bit less sleep tonight than I intended. Also double happily, Vidya came for a late lunch, and brought along one of her coworkers/friends from her grad program; we had sandwiches and ice cream, and it was all v. lovely.

I got home around nine p.m., and then spent over an hour packing. I tend to overpack for weekends like this, since I want to be prepared for a variety of eventualities, and also Katie is fabulously stylish and so I need to be prepared for that as well. I'm pretty sure that five tops, three sweaters, three pairs of pants, and two dresses will get me through the weekend, but we shall see. I did manage to pack everything in one rolling carry-on plus a laptop bag, so that should help speed up the process. And since my flight takes off at six a.m., speeding up the process is vital. That also means I really should go to bed; when I blog again, I will (fingers crossed) be in Dallas!

No comments: