Wednesday, October 14, 2009

it's the little things that kill

This is a four-minute post. I have nothing much to say today. I made it down to the south bay for my eight a.m. meeting, then slogged the day away. I took a nice midday break to go to my optometrist, who did an extremely thorough check of my eyes, and reported that my prescription hasn't changed for the third year or so in a row, which is good news. I also spent some quality time trying to pick out a new pair of glasses, staying mindful of the time when I picked a pair when I couldn't actually see how they looked, and my mother told me they were great -- only to discover when I got home with them that they were the same as my mom's, just a different color. I laugh now (and now embrace some things, like the moccasins she used to have), but in my delicate teen state, I was mortified.

I got some pearl milk tea in downtown Mountain View before going back to the office, where I slogged the rest of the day. I had a meeting get rescheduled for 6-6:30, which was super annoying; afterward, I grabbed a quick dinner in the cafe, came home, and slogged the rest of the night. Now, though, I'm going to go to bed; I need to get some serious sleep if I'm going to make it through the weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: