Thursday, October 22, 2009

extreme family time

I can't believe I almost forgot to blog tonight! I was on the verge of going to bed (after watching Adit construct the nest that he constructs every night for him and Priyanka), when I suddenly realized that I hadn't written my obligatory post. Adit then asked how many people read this thing anyone, and laughed at me for only getting 12 daily repeat hits + 19 Google Reader subscriptions (although the number may be slightly higher of people who only check it once every few days and so don't look like repeats, since I get 40-50 overall hits/day). Apparently writing this for myself + so that my parents know I'm alive isn't enough in this go-go-go modern world of ours.

sssanyway, today was fine; I spent the better part of the morning packing eleven FedEx boxes with some random stuff to send to clients, which was a little weird but relaxing nonetheless. I had precisely three hours' worth of meetings today, one hour of which was a career perspective talk from the former head of the India office, and another hour of which was lunch with Shadie (one of the former expats). I was pretty productive with the rest of the day, but not productive enough to avoid working tonight when I got home. I also had dinner with Dave, my former manager, in downtown Mountain View; the service was as dreadful as always, but it was good to catch up.

Now, after extensive bantering with Adit and Priyanka about whether I should move to Iowa and work for John Deere as a welder (after he made the argument that people leave Iowa to accomplish great things, given that Kurt Warner bagged groceries until moving out of the state, at which point he became a Super Bowl champ -- I don't think this was causal, but whatever), it's time for bed!

No comments: