Wednesday, October 07, 2009

raining from a hapless cloud

I can't decide what kind of day I had. Actually, I think I would categorize it as a very good day with one 45-minute bleak spell towards the end that was redeemed by some brief family time with Adit and Priyanka. I successfully woke up at six a.m., showered, and went down to the glorious south bay, where I spent an hour and a half at Starbucks. I didn't write write, but I did finish the blog post for the Golden Heart blog that I'm a part of (it's up now! check it out - http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/rss/index.php/stepping-stone-or-stumbling-block/). I also wrote the first post on my writing blog in two months, since I will hopefully get a couple of visitors from the Golden Heart blog and want something a bit fresher on the site.

I had an uneventful day at work; happily, I had lunch with Mahin, which was v. lovely. I also took a walk with Joy in the afternoon, which helped to get me through the long afternoon slog. Then, I just barely made it to dinner at six p.m. with Tolu, Lizzie, and Jane; it was our every-six-week Friendship Renewal Dinner, and I felt that our friendship was quite renewed as a result. However, I made the mistake of having two glasses of wine (I attempted to have diet coke, but the restaurant is too local and organic for diet coke -- all they have is their stupid agave-flavored cola, which I was not into at all), and so I didn't drive straight back to the city -- instead, I walked around Stanford campus for half an hour, taking a trip down memory lane on what is perhaps one of the most gorgeous campuses around. That was when the bleak moment hit, since I began contemplating how old I am, how much different my life is than what I expected it to be when I showed up at Stanford ten years ago, etc., etc. Luckily I pulled out of it quickly, but it was still just a bit surreal. Then I came home, sat on the floor with Adit and Priyanka, and attempted to reset our internet routers. So all in all, it was a good day -- hopefully tomorrow is even better. Now, though, it's time for bed!

No comments: