Thursday, October 15, 2009

you know my friends, they know your enemies

I'm v. tired, and I'm worried that I am about to finally, inevitably succumb to the plague that Priyanka has been breathing into the apartment for the past week; at work this afternoon, I suddenly started feeling a little warm and dizzy, and since I haven't had any champagne in days, it seems likely that I'm getting sick instead. So, I was a terrible friend and skipped Natasha's bachelorette party tonight; Terry was supposed to come up from LA tonight and go with me, but she was really sick down there, and so she's going to come up tomorrow instead so that we can go to the wedding on Saturday. Hopefully we all feel okay; the wedding should be fun, and I want to be in good shape for it.

Today was pretty uneventful; I had a few meetings, had lunch with Joy (not close-friend-Joy whom I see all the time; this is the Joy who took over my team when I went on leave), and hand-wrote a bunch of thank-you notes for my boss to sign (ah, the glamorous life of someone who is handling communications -- too bad I'm not good with calligraphy). I ended the standard work day in a mad dash to pack up my office, since the movers were coming to switch me to a different office today; amazingly, they showed up on time and had my stuff in my new office by six, so I stuck around at the office for quite some time and unpacked the five boxes that I had just packed, reconnected all my electronics, decorated, etc. It was kind of stupid to stick around, but traffic looked awful for quite some time, and since my desk is all set up I should be more productive tomorrow.

I think it's time for bed; my first meeting isn't until 10am, so I intend to sleep as late as possible and try to recover some of my stamina. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All those moves must help reduce the amount of detritus, junk and clutter one can accumulate in an office.