Tuesday, October 20, 2009

and it breaks my heart, breaks my heart

Today started out pretty meh; I had a dentist appointment, and since the dentist is a holdover from when I lived in the glorious south bay, I had to drive all the way to south San Jose for the pleasure of getting my teeth blasted with an "ultrasonic scaler" and drooling all over myself like a child (the hygienist giggled at one point and said "at least we know there's nothing wrong with your salivary glands!" - tanks). I was really stupid about the drive, too; I followed the Google Maps directions without putting the least bit of thought into it, since I thought I had left early enough to beat the traffic and work in a cafe for awhile before the dentist; instead, the drive took an hour and a half, when I should have instead gone down 280 and 85 and been there in 50 minutes. Stupid, stupid.

After the dentist (look, ma, no cavities -- although the hygienist did try to upsell me on replacing my two old-school childhood metal fillings with some invisible ones, but I kind of like my Soviet-era look, so I'm keeping them), I drove to work, got my allergy shots (and the bad news that they got a new batch of dust mite injectables that are much stronger, which means I have to go back weekly for awhile to build up my tolerance to the superdust), and then did some work. The sole real bright spot of the day was lunch with Dontae, who used to be on my team (when I used to be on the team -- we both abandoned that ship at the same time). We partook of baked potato Tuesday at my favorite cafe, and it was all quite lovely. Then, I spent the rest of the afternoon working, reading dlisted, etc. before leaving around six to pick up my new glasses and go to Target for some necessities (particularly toilet paper -- I have a feeling that I get concerned about shortages sooner than Adit does, but this is one area where I won't passive aggressively wait for someone else to take care of it).

Even though it's only ten p.m., I think it's time for bed; I really do want to get up tomorrow and write, and that requires ample sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: