Monday, October 26, 2009

my sign is vital, my hands are cold

I'm back in San Francisco and missing Katie already. Other than the last few hours of my visit, in which we didn't get nearly enough sleep and a thunderstorm kept her husband's flight from arriving until after two a.m., it was all totally idyllic, and reaffirms my belief that we need to pick a city and commit to moving there together so that we are once again able to see each other more than twice a year. Then again, twice a year is pretty good, all things considered -- but twice a week would be better.

So my flight landed on time, but we had to sit on the runway for a few minutes since our gate was still occupied, and since I was in the second-to-last row, the deplaning process took forever. But, I made it down to the south bay and was only fifteen minutes late for a meeting; the meeting was fine, and I slogged for a few hours before deciding that I was too sleepy to continue and would prefer to drive home before traffic got too bad. I talked to my parents on the way back, then watched a couple of YouTube videos that my dad recommended (funny that he watches more YouTube than I do), did a load of laundry, schmucked around on the internet, ate some delicious frozen enchiladas, and then did some real work for about an hour and a half.

Now, it's time for me to go to bed; I have a 7:30am meeting tomorrow, so I really must sleep. I should stay up to say hi to Adit and Priyanka, but they were here earlier (resulting in Adit insisting on stealing a couple of bites of my precious enchilada), and since Priyanka made a game-time decision to stay for another week, there's no need for me to see them immediately. Instead, I'm off to bed!

No comments: