Friday, October 02, 2009

i love this record baby but i can't see straight anymore

The title line of this post has nothing to do with my current blood alcohol level (0.0). While I should theoretically be taking plaid-pants-dude's advice from the wedding last weekend and be out pursuing the admirable goal of getting laid, instead I stayed home, worked, and am now going to go to bed early.

Why, you ask? Well, I was in an inexplicably, absurdly bad mood at work today, starting as soon as I woke up (for the second time -- the first time I woke up was a little before two a.m., when I thought my back was on fire, since I had decided to use my octogenarian-approved heating pad on my sore back and fell asleep on it despite all the product's warnings to never ever sleep on it). The bad mood continued for the drive down to the south bay and for the string of meetings I had until two p.m. Seriously, I don't know what was wrong with me, but every meeting and nearly every conversation made me want to rip someone's throat out. In the interest of preserving my job and my coworkers' larynges (note: why is "larynges" the plural of "larynx"?), I left as soon as I was able and met up with John, who was visiting campus for the day and had an hour or so free to hang out. We had smoothies at one of the cafes on main campus, looked at some ridiculous sculptures of famous men and women of the sea (none of whom we recognized except the Cousteaus), and sat in the park for awhile. It was a lovely interlude in an otherwise dark day, so hopefully I'll see him and Jess again in a few weeks.

After parting ways with John, I bailed on two plans: Starbucks with some of my former team, and a movie with Vidius Chandicus. I'd gotten an email while I was with John from the big boss asking me for some stuff, so I came home and worked on that for awhile. Then, I indulged my bad mood by playing on the computer, cleaning my room, eating some leftover soup, and generally sulking. I think I'll pull myself out of it tomorrow, though; I have big plans to write this weekend, and so I'm going to go to bed early so that I'm refreshed for the tasks ahead. Goodnight!

No comments: