Sunday, October 18, 2009

i think i shall sleep very soundly tonight

Today was excellent. I woke up a little after nine, got ready, and met up with Vidius Chandicus (aka the mighty Chandlord) for brunch. We walked down to Union Square, where we discovered that the restaurant we were going to go to was packed. So, we walked over to SFMOMA, intending to have lunch at their cafe -- but we got lucky, since it turns out that Target was doing some sort of family-day sponsorship and entrance to the museum was free for the day. We had lunch, then bought tickets for the Richard Avedon photography exhibit. It was quite good; I think that portraiture and story-telling are cousins, so I enjoyed the photos. Then, we had coffee in the rooftop garden, where there were a lot of ridiculous modern art sculptures.

We parted ways after walking back to her apartment, and I went to Leland Tea, where I overdosed on caffeine by having six cups of Russian Country tea and two cups of lapsang souchong. I also had the most delicious miniature coconut cupcake and a delightful shortbread cookie while writing many pages in my journal. Feeling twitchy and needing to pee every fifteen minutes, I came home and talked to my parents for a couple of hours, then read a book on writing, did laundry, and am now watching "Mad Men" with Adit and Priyanka. As soon as it's over, I'm going to bed so that I can get up and write before work (and you had best hope that I don't continue to burn out my writing every day, or else my blog will continue to be boring). Goodnight!

No comments: