Friday, October 23, 2009

when the day goes down on the water town

I made it safely to Dallas without shanking any of the bitches standing between my 26th row seat and the glorious exit. Katie was waiting for me, and we had an absolutely fabulous laid back day. We came back to her place (which is super cute), then went out for a three hour lunch at this South American restaurant that served me two of the best mojitos I've ever had. I also had a great steak with ths excellent cheese and peppers combo, rice, and black beans. We spent the whole afternoon on the patio, catching up over food, alcohol and coffee in the best possible way.

We came home around five and spent the rest of the evening talking, with a brief break around seven for me to take a rejuvenating half hour nap. Katie intended to make a fab dinner, but we were still too full, so instead we had a great stinky cheese, salami and fruit while watching her cat Chewie live up to his name. I am also amazed and pleased to report that the allergy shots worked - I have been with Chewie all day and my eyes aren't even itching, let alone the fact that my nose is totally clear - and this without taking any drugs at all. Miracle!

Now it's time for bed - we have grand plans to shop, eat and see a movie, so I need my beauty sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: