Monday, July 16, 2018

but we keep loving anyway

I had a really long day at work, so apologies to the several of you whom I ignored over text/ping/email - I started working at eight, had a meeting from 8:30-9, drove to the office, and had meetings straight from 9:30 to 5 (although I forced my noon meeting to end a few minutes early so I could make a sandwich).

However, I at least got a bit of a break - I came home, rendezvoused with Veronica, and had dinner with her at The Kitchen. I really adore that place; my glass of wine was slightly too fruity for my tastes, but my porkchop and grits were delicious (and the company was pretty good too). We then went to the Boulder Bookstore, which is one of those stores that prides itself on its selection - so of course it has a huge room that reeks of incense and has all sorts of books on witchcraft, the occult, spirituality of all kinds, etc., but can't deign to carry a romance section. Gross.

Of course, I still bought a book, but this shouldn't surprise you.

Then we came home, and even though I should have been maximizing my friend time, I instead read twitter for a bit and then worked like a crazy person for the last two hours to try to catch up on stuff (mission failed). And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: