Sunday, July 22, 2018

scare your sons scare your daughters

I'm back in my own bed, sad that conference is over (and even sadder that I don't have air conditioning), but glad to get back to my regularly scheduled life. Today went as well as it could have gone - I got up in time to have breakfast in the club lounge, then pack all my stuff and load my car before going to a workshop on audio books. I went with Grace, and I don't think we learned anything, but we had fun hanging out.

After that, we rendezvoused with Barbara Samuel for one last lunch; everyone else was already gone, but Grace, Barbara and I walked down the street to Modern Market, where we had salads and a final round of conversation before heading back to the hotel. I spent a tiny bit more time with Grace, and then she left for the airport while I headed to Boulder. I brought my friend Vivi with me (for those of you who were on my wine bus birthday party many years ago, she was my nomadic writer friend who joined us). She's staying with me tonight before heading home tomorrow afternoon, so we drove back to Boulder together. We spent most of the afternoon talking, including a lovely early dinner at Pizzeria Locale.

But by approximately 7:30pm, I had completely hit my introvert wall - so I abruptly said that I loved her but needed to go lie down. I have since spent the rest of the night lounging in my room while she lounged in her room, which was a pretty perfect end to a writing conference - I relaxed and caught up on twitter and napped a little and messed around online, and it was v. restorative.

But now I need to sleep - I have to run some errands in the morning, and Vivi and I will hang out in the afternoon before she heads to the airport, so that should be fun. Goodnight!

No comments: