Sunday, July 22, 2018

i'm living on such sweet nothing

I have a headache and really need to be in bed, but I suppose today could have been worse. I got up this morning, messed around the house, and then ran an errand that took a couple of hours. But then I came back to my house, rendezvoused with Vivi (who had spent the night in my guest room) and took her downtown to grab lunch. We tried to get into Snooze, but the wait was 45mins...so we walked down the street and ended up grabbing lunch at Next Door (which is next door to The Kitchen). I had a very delicious hamburger on a gluten free bun that felt like it saved my life, and Vivi had tacos, and we spent some quality time talking about writing and life and our oft-nomadic lifestyles...

Then I didn't really want to come back to my warm apartment, so instead we drove up into the mountains and visited Nederland. It's a totally appropriate thing to do if you just want to kill a couple of hours in the mountains - the drive is gorgeous, it's only thirty minutes, and the town is weird and charming. So we walked around a bit, and then had ice cream in a cafe that is made of a series of connected train cars (so #onbrand).

When we got back to Boulder, Vivi grabbed her stuff from my apartment and I dropped her off at the bus station so that she could catch the shuttle to the airport, since I wasn't nice enough to take two more hours to drop her off there. Then I came home, did a bunch of romance-related business until like eight, then talked to my parents (v. late for them, but they were gone most of the day), and then did day job stuff for the last hour so that I could accomplish something that needed to be done before tomorrow.

And now, it's time for bed - tomorrow's madness will come all too soon. Goodnight!

No comments: