Sunday, July 08, 2018

angelica, eliza....and peggy

This edition of #smalltownlife is nearing its end, but today was pretty awesome. HAMILTON is in Des Moines and I bought tickets when ticket sales opened last November, so my parents, [censored], and I got to see it during the matinee show today. I'd also procured tickets for Aunt Becky, her scandalous pirate husband, and uncle Mark and aunt Kathy, but they were a couple of rows behind us.

So, [censored] and I rode up together, and we stopped for lunch in Indianola on the way. When we got to our seats, we discovered that they were perfect - right in the middle, not too far back, and the Civic Center staggers their seats enough so that even a shorty like me isn't blocked by the person in front of them.

And the show was, in my humble opinion, totally awesome. I think I liked it better than the SF production I saw last year - Burr and Eliza were particularly excellent, and everyone else was pretty delightful. Also, the better view made a huge difference in terms of noticing little details of the choreography.

So, I loved it, and I cried at the end, and it was pretty great. After, [censored] drove to his house three hours away, while Mom and Dad and I had dinner with the rest of the family at a Mexican restaurant in downtown Des Moines.

And now, I need to sleep - I'm in a hotel in Des Moines near the airport since my flight is early tomorrow, so my parents kicked me out here after supper, where I promptly spent the last three hours reliving the show. So, it's time for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: