Monday, July 02, 2018

stuck in a moment

I had a v. boring day in ye olde Iowa - mostly because I worked the entire day, which felt like most days, just taking video calls from my desk in my Iowa bedroom instead of conference rooms in Boulder. But I took a break to have breakfast with my parents (yum), and I spent a bit of time outside, and I stopped working at 5:30, so it could have been worse. Then my mom gave me a tour of her gardens, and then I sat on the patio and accidentally took a nap.

After that, it was all pretty chill - I ran into town to look for coffee (no luck), then came home and ate supper, and then sat on the patio and played with kittens. My parents were down to one cat, who was born last fall and still doesn't seem fully grown, but they basically raised her after she was abandoned by her mother, and so she's way more affectionate than any other cat they've had in the past decade. She had kittens a few days ago, and I think she thinks my parents are supposed to help raise them too, because she keeps bringing them to us for us to hold them. That's a little bizarre since their eyes aren't even open yet - but it's pretty cute, so it could be worse.

And now I should sleep - I should have worked tonight but I wasn't feeling it, so I'll have to get a lot done tomorrow to make up for it. Goodnight!

No comments: