Sunday, July 29, 2018

my church offers no absolutes

I had a v. lazy day, which was exactly what I wanted. I had to run some errands this morning, but I was back in my house by 11:30ish, and I spent the next six hours doing pretty much nothing. I intended to write, but that mostly devolved into bullet journaling - but no regrets there, since I hadn't done a monthly spread in awhile and wanted to capture some highlights from the last couple of months (of which there were many, since the last couple of months have been super fun despite all the chaos in my work life).

Sometime after five, I should have eaten soup and forced myself to be productive. Instead, I went over to River and Woods, where I had poutine and wrote in my journal for another hour or so. Then I came home and took a brief nap...and then I had a v. late call with my parents. I had thought they were out of town today, but they were out of town yesterday - and so I was waiting for them to call me, while they were waiting for me to call them. Oops. So I got the usual update about kittens and trains and round barns, although it was pretty abbreviated, so I'll have to talk to them again tomorrow.

And then I tidied up a bit, pulled out my work laptop, and did a couple of quick things to prep for tomorrow. And now, even though it's early, I think I'll go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: