Tuesday, July 24, 2018

cruel to be kind

Today was okay, all in all - I went to the nice office in the morning, which meant nicer breakfast and plenty of free space to try to concentrate. I went back to my office in the afternoon, where I straightened up my desk (it is no longer affected by the prank my coworkers pulled on me) and canceled a bunch of meetings so I could get some work done.

By 5:30 I was done, so I joined some coworkers at the brewery across the railroad tracks from our office. I can't drink beer, but I can eat the tacos they sell on the patio, so I had two of those for dinner. But I left abruptly at 6:30, since the sun was beating in my face and I didn't want to die. I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home, where I bought milk and several different kinds of cold brew coffee.

When I got home, I really just wanted to do nothing - but since that's what I did last night, I couldn't indulge again. I did watch most of 'Ten Things I Hate About You', which happened to be on when I turned on my tv - Heath Ledger breaks my heart every time, since I wish we could have seen what his talent would have done if he'd lived to a ripe old age. But then I worked for the last two hours - not enough to really get caught up, but my inbox is more respectable.

But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: