Thursday, July 26, 2018

shake me down

Today was an exercise in pain since I didn't get enough sleep last night - I woke up at 6:30am like I needed to, went downstairs and got some water, and promptly crawled back into bed for another 45min because I couldn't imagine staying awake at that point. But I eventually dragged myself out of bed, showered, and then went to the second day of my offsite. I was really cranky to be there - not because I don't love the people I work with, but because I get antsy and bored with vision/mission statements and was ready to answer some questions about our collective fate instead.

But I got to play with legos to take some of my aggression out - someone helpfully brought stuff to play with to help with the brainstorming, and while it may not have helped my brainstorming, it did keep me from strangling anyone (#smallvictories). I also took a break at some point to eat cheerios while sitting on a balcony, so that was pretty soothing. And the offsite actually went really well, all in all, despite my crankiness - so don't read anything into my annoyed mood.

We had a happy hour after, and I stayed for exactly and hour before bowing out and coming home (with a stop at my regular office building to pick up some packages). When I got here, I did a whole lot of nothing for a couple of hours - tried on some clothes (including the dress for Santy Claude's wedding, which fits well except for the fact that it's eight inches too long), kind of took a nap, ate some peanut butter, etc. Unfortunately, I had a call with Singapore/Hyderabad at 8:30, which got me out of my mellow groove. But now I'm going to ignore the work that has piled up and go to bed instead - goodnight!

No comments: