Wednesday, July 04, 2018

they go along to take your honey (la la la la)

Happy fourth of July! I had a very peaceful day in ye olde Iowa - I slept later than I did the last couple of days, and that set the tone for a whole bunch of laziness. I spent some quality time this morning/afternoon talking to my mom, and then my dad came in from mowing, and then [censored] showed up and insisted on taking me on a tour of [censored]. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon on the back porch with [censored], talking about everything and nothing, as per usual.

Later we had a v. fourth of July supper - bratwurst, the first sweet corn of the season, potato salad, and baked beans. Then we played a game of Ticket to Ride and I was super close to winning, but [censored] came out of nowhere at the end to pull out the win (congratulations, I guess). And now, after I actually answered a few personal emails (but not most of them), it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: