Thursday, July 12, 2018

the wild dogs cry out in the night

My day was full of meetings starting at eight a.m. and going almost straight until five, including two with my VP (unusual, but not for dramatic reasons). I got off to a sluggish start since I didn't get enough sleep last night, but I'm determined to change that - it has been way too hot in my house without A/C, but the swamp cooler I ordered from Amazon arrived today, and it's already making a difference in my bedroom despite being set up an hour ago. So here's hoping that I sleep better now that my room feels like a normal bedroom instead of a desert that happens to include a mattress.

However, despite the work still piling up, I left the office at five, came home and dragged the swamp cooler in from the patio where the delivery guy had left it, and walked straight to Pizzeria Locale. I indulged in a v. tasty gluten free pizza and a couple of glasses of wine; I've been laying off the sauce (both pizza sauce and wine sauce) in an effort to be healthier, but it seemed like my health would be better served tonight by having wine and ignoring email, so that's what I did. My phone also conveniently died while I was there, so I journaled and ate and drank and completely ignored the world, which was pretty much the perfect way to relax.

Then I came home, took care of tings around the house, set up my swamp cooler, wrote a couple of personal email...and now I'm going to go to bed earlyish and hope that I recoup some of the sleep I lost this week. Goodnight!

No comments: