Sunday, July 15, 2018

like the future was supposed to be

I'm not ready to go back to work - but I only have to get through two days in the office before I'm on vacation again. It's quite possible that my multiple vacations in the last six weeks is causing a vicious cycle...when I'm in the office, I'm totally slammed, so I can't wait to get out and relax again, which is promptly ruined by going back to an overly full inbox/calendar.

sssanyway, I also need to make it clear that last night's nausea was absolutely not correlated with Veronica's presence in my house. I assumed that was obvious, but Veronica was concerned. So, let it be known - I'm thrilled that Veronica is here, and it's not her fault that I was stupid and rented a place without A/C and so overheated last night, which is almost certainly why I suddenly felt so nauseated.

sssanyway again. Veronica got here yesterday around three, and we had a delightful time catching up, getting manicures, and having a leisurely dinner at River and Woods before I suddenly felt nauseated. Today was all better though - and it rained and was only seventy degrees, so my house cooled down and I felt much better.

I spent the morning working on personal stuff, which made me happy. V and I eventually had a late lunch at Motomaki, followed by a v. necessary stop at Staples (post-its are a required purchase for writers whenever writers are feeling stuck with their plots, as both Veronica and I are). Then we came back to my place, and I did some more work and took a nap. V ended up leaving me to my own devices tonight so that she could see a friend in Denver - and I wasn't nearly as productive as I had planned to be, but I still did four loads of laundry and called my parents to get the latest gossip about our town (although it was 95% about their new kittens, which is way more entertaining than town anyway), so it could have been worse.

But now I need to sleep so I can seize the day tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: