Friday, September 21, 2018

it's beginning to get to me

I had an amazing day with Grace - more because of Grace than because of the workshop, but that's not a bad outcome. We made it over to the event place by 8:40ish and had a v quick, v tasty breakfast before the morning workshops. I liked the morning better than the afternoon - I think Cheryl Strayed was more pop psychology and Elizabeth Gilbert was more pop spirituality, and I think I kind of dislike pop spirituality. But the writing prompts during both the morning and the afternoon were interesting, and this has been a great event so far.

After we were done, Grace went for a guided nature walk and I had a glass of rosé and journaled and had a lovely conversation with a woman from San Antonio. Then Grace and I had dinner and debriefed on the day, and then we came back to the hotel and hung out in the lobby bar, where I had a glass of wine and did some excellent journaling.

And now I need to sleep - I cut back on the coffee today, and that + the fact that I was relaxed enough for my body to notice that I'm fucking exhausted means that I'm ready for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: