Monday, September 10, 2018

serial thrilla

Did I tell you that I bought an Audi? Yes? Well, I now have an even newer Audi. Surprise!

The thing I didn't say on the blog over the last month was that there were some irregularities (at least, in my mind) with the Audi that I bought a month ago vs. what the dealership had contractually agreed to. So, while I loved the car, I eventually lost my patience with them and sent a strongly worded email at five a.m. on Friday to the general manager of the Audi dealership, threatening to file a false advertising / false mileage / contractual failure complaint with the state + leaving negative reviews everywhere I could. The end result of this was that they swapped my original Audi for an even newer Audi - same trim, same features, same money, but none of the issues with the original.

Of course, that took time that I didn't really have to spare today - but I was in and out in about an hour, after signing all the paperwork and giving back my original and testing out the new one. They're functionally identical, and the dealership was profusely apologetic about my previous experience - so I forgive them and would recommend them in the future. And that's a good thing, since I adore my car and can see myself buying Audis in the future (provided that I continue to live a life of corporate whoredom, of course, in which case I will make myself feel better about the golden handcuffs by eventually upgrading to a sporty two-door coupe when my midlife crisis fully hits).

sssanyway. The rest of my day was uneventful - I got up in time for a 7:30am conference call (I do not recommend this), and then slogged until five, when I went to the dealership. I should have worked tonight, but instead I went to Pizzeria Locale and had two glasses of wine and some pizza and did some journaling in anticipation of my birthday (I like journaling on my birthday and reflecting upon my year, #sorrynotsorry). And now I should still be working, but I'm going to go to bed and hope that sleep will make me more productive in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: