Friday, September 28, 2018

system overload

I unfortunately had meetings starting at eight this morning, and even though I only live six minutes from the office, I couldn't manage to get myself out of bed in time to drive there. So I took two hours of meetings from home, drove to work, and then had meetings until four. Happily, one of them was lunch with Caroline, and we made sand art in bottles thanks to some crafting activity that happened to be in the cafe (I feel like I work in a preschool, although now that prohibition is over, it's a preschool with beer and cider on tap). It wasn't exactly a break since we were also talking about work, and it was also hard to avoid getting sand in my salmon, but it was better than nothing.

I left after four, ran a couple of errands, came home, tidied up the downstairs, and made chicken tortilla soup. While it was cooking, I wrote for an hour - I know, I'm shocked too. I spent a couple of hours after I ate doing mostly procrastinatory stuff, but all in all it was the night I needed.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: