Saturday, September 22, 2018

i want to see you be brave

I'm so fucking relaxed. This is not a phrase I have written or felt in weeks, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Grace and I had another delightful breakfast, this time with a southern lady who had some delightful sayings (like prefacing insults with "I'm sure he has many fine traits and qualities"), and then we went to the morning session, which I found only moderately annoying. I then say by a stream and journaled, then sat on a patio and journaled before meeting up with Grace for lunch (how do they make everything, even chicken breast, taste so good here?).

The afternoon session was better - it involved drawing, which I surprisingly found myself enjoying. I also saw the beginnings of some crazy people manifesting themselves, which was entertaining now and would stop being entertaining if this lasted another few days.

I then got a glass of rosé, hid it in my coffee mug so I could take it away from the cafe to a more secluded spot, and journaled and talked to Grace for a couple of hours. All in I've written over twenty pages in my journal at this retreat - not quite as impressive as last year's silent retreat, but well worth doing.

After dinner, I got a massage, which was pretty much perfect. And now it's time for bed - tomorrow will come all too soon, which means packing and one last session and lunch before driving back to the city of sin. Goodnight!

No comments: