Friday, September 28, 2018

so i keep it low, keep a secret code

Last night, I finally went to bed at midnight, was in bed for approximately five minutes...and then a fire alarm started chirping like it had waited for that very moment to fuck with me. So I tracked it down, got out a ladder, found a battery, and changed it - but that made for a v. non-relaxing start to my bedtime. It's no wonder that I woke up this morning wondering where I was - before I opened my eyes I couldn't remember which hotel room I was in, until I remembered that I was in my own house. Maybe that's a sign I should stop traveling.

sssanyway. Today was way more meetings than I wanted on my first day back; in fact, there were so many meetings that I wasn't able to partake in all the alcohol that is flowing through the office again after a long hiatus (it felt like a shadow of what it must have felt like when Prohibition ended - all the sudden there's fundraisers for kegerators and the restocking of personal bars, and someone I don't even know offered me whisky at four p.m.). But I was able to leave at 5:15 to go to happy hour, which turned into dinner. My old team, who is still the team of my heart, went to Rio Grande to hang out on the rooftop patio. The margaritas and food were so-so, but the patio was great and the company was excellent.

Then I came home, took a brief nap, had a call from 10-10:30pm, and worked until now. And now it's most certainly time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: