Tuesday, September 18, 2018

it's a lie, a kiss with open eyes

Today was one of the most painful days I've had in awhile - I really need to stop having painful days though. I woke up at 3:30am, after 4.5hrs of sleep, unable to fall asleep again because I couldn't stop thinking of all the stuff I needed to do. I'd set my alarm for six, but instead I finally succumbed to my panic and got up at 4:15 and worked in my bed like a maniac until 8:30, when I got ready and went into the SF office.

Needless to say, while the work I did in the morning was super important, it wrecked me for the day since I'm not used to expending that much mental energy and decision making for so many hours before coffee (or daylight). I had a couple of meetings in SF, and then I drove to mountain view at lunch, where I had to slog for a few more hours (including several meetings where I didn't quite feel like my normal self).

But I escaped at 4:30, drove to San Antonio shopping center, parked in what used to be the Sears parking lot and is now parking for a bunch of yuppie food stores and overpriced condos, and took a twenty minute nap. The nap completely saved my life, which made it easier to be on for my fun plans for the night...

... And that was dinner with Joann and the original Jen Lui at Jen's new house. Joann and I met in the shopping center to pick up sushi, and then we went to Jen's. The new house is gorgeous, and we ate and talked about life and then enjoyed some rose in the backyard hot tub (friends with hot tubs are a real benefit). Due to the hot tub and my extreme exhaustion, I'm spending tonight at Jen's - I'd planned ahead for this and have stuff with me, so I won't have to do the walk of shame into my early meetings tomorrow (and, more importantly, I'm twenty minutes from work instead of the 90-120 mins I would be in SF).

But now I'm hoping I can get nine hours of sleep - goodnight!

No comments: