Monday, September 17, 2018

selling the drama

The day started off great - [censored] and I had brunch at the buffet at the Hard Rock, which was better than any of the other options around, and we also played slots for 30 seconds so that I could claim a free travel mug for my birthday month. Then we parted ways (alas), and I drove to Des Moines, which was long (three hours) but uneventful.

My flight to Denver was smooth, and I got some work done on it. I had time for a burger and a margarita (and more  work) at the airport before boarding my flight to SFO, which I spent alternating between napping and working. We landed only a few minutes late after a brief mechanical issue in Denver - but then we had to wait almost ninety minutes for a gate to open up. The pilot said he'd never experienced something like this in his thirty years in aviation, so I'd say he was having a bad day (as were the rest of us, but especially the guy next to me, who had been touring the irrigation systems of the great state of Nebraska and was on his way home to New Zealand and missed his flight as a result).

So, I didn't get to my hotel until after eleven, which was a real bummer since I had intended to either do more working or more sleeping than I'm going to get. I should probably work, but I'm too desperate for sleep, so that's my choice - goodnight!

No comments: