Saturday, September 29, 2018

quicksilver girl

I realized today that I have only been home two of the last seven weekends, which explains why I don't really know how to operate in my own house. I was invited to a coworker's house tonight to hang out, but I ended up canceling in favor of indulging my inner, v. neglected hermit and getting shit done. It wasn't all work - I slept for over ten hours last night, and then I got up, messed around, made coffee, and got a mani/pedi. I also took a nap and talked to Katie, so it wasn't like I didn't do anything relaxing/fun....

But staying in was rather imperative because, totally ridiculously, I had to finish last year's taxes tonight. Yes, they were due in April. I paid them then, but I had gotten an extension for actually filing - as I recall, I was in the middle of trips to Iowa for ukuleles and trips to Paris for champagne, along with the performance review cycle that was happening then (which was pretty painful, although that pain has been forgotten because of the fresh trauma of September's performance review cycle). It really only took me another 3-4 hours tonight to prep everything, but my spring/summer was so ridiculous that taxes were pretty much the last thing I wanted to do whenever I was home.

So tonight I had to pay the wages of my sins and actually do the thing I'd been putting off. Luckily, I'm basically done - I just have to go into the office tomorrow and scan some stuff to send to my CPA, since my printer at home is over ten years old and no longer connects to any of my computers since they no longer make modern drivers for it. So, while tomorrow will involve a lot of other work and errands, at least this portion is done.

And now, after confessing my sins and showing you all that it's not just your emails/texts/voicemails/postcards that I've been neglecting, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: