Sunday, September 30, 2018

world serves its own needs, don't mis-serve your own needs

It's only 8:30pm, but I think I'm going to go to bed - my neck and shoulder are hurting and I'm worried that it's going to turn into one of those debilitating neck things that I've had every few years since age started to descend upon me. Also, I have to be on the east coast on Tuesday, so I might as well go to bed early / get up early and start acclimating to the time zone, I guess.

But despite the neck spasmy end to the day, today was pretty perfect for some much-needed indulgence of my inner loner. I woke up after getting lots of sleep, then walked down Pearl to The Kitchen, which is one of my favorite restaurants in Boulder. I got there when very few people were up and around yet, so I chilled at the bar and drank coffee, journaled, and had a v. tasty breakfast (poached eggs with green shaksouka, chickpeas, and gluten free toast - not my usual thing, but the flavors were really bright and tasty, and it felt healthier than my usual slab of bacon and potatoes). Taking myself out for brunch is a thing I used to do all the time and haven't had time for the past few months, so this felt like a much-needed return to my roots.

I then wandered back up Pearl Street, stopping in at a few shops and buying some v. cute fall/winter items. Then I came home long enough to drop some stuff and start some laundry before grabbing my car to run some other errands - mostly a much-needed Target run and a quick stop at my office to scan/print some documents. Then I came home, talked to my parents, straightened up my bedroom, and put away some clothes that had been sitting in a laundry basket since before Labor Day (I'm usually not this slovenly, but the last few weeks have been rough).

I was going to work after that, but things started to slowly go downhill...my neck started to hurt, and I could hear my downstairs neighbor (well, technically, his girlfriend) having sex while I was heating up my soup, so I had to eat while listening to music to drown out the moans. I then did some retaliatory coffee grinding and kitchen cleaning before deciding that work couldn't happen due to my neck and choosing to go to bed instead of opening my work laptop.

So, if I don't feel like I can work now, sleep is the right option so that I can get up and do stuff in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: