Wednesday, September 26, 2018

goodbye to rosie, the queen of corona

I'm finally back in Boulder after two weeks away - it's not for long since I have to go to NYC next week, but it's better than nothing. I woke up fairly early this morning and did some work at Veronica's dining table while staring at the ocean, so that felt pretty special despite the fact that I was making slides. I ended up taking a meeting from her place before leaving - she was v. gracious about having me all up in her space. I really wasn't ready to say goodbye to her when I left....

...but all things come to an end, so I threw my stuff into my rental car and sped off, admiring the ocean (and the surfers) as I went. The travel situation was fairly uneventful, other than an Airtrain delay at SFO that made me wait for ten minutes in the rental car center (annoying, but I was early enough that it wasn't a problem). I had lunch at Bun Mee and admired how much better the food has gotten at SFO, and then I grabbed an iced coffee and boarded my flight. It was on time; even better, I had an empty seat next to me, so I was able to get some work done without any issues.

Eventually, I landed in Denver, retrieved my car, drove back to Boulder, and went to the grocery store so that I could have food like a normal human (or, more importantly, coffee). When I got home, I ate and took a v. brief nap, and then had meetings with people in Asia for two hours - really not at all what I wanted to do tonight, but I was refusing all meetings with Asia while I was traveling, so I was overdue.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: