Tuesday, September 04, 2018

give me a home where the buffalo roam

I'm back to two old familiar haunts at once: I'm in San Francisco, and I'm staying at Roam. They finally opened their SF location on Alamo Square a couple of months ago, so I'm checking it out even though it's probably super inconvenient for my mostly South Bay activities. But I'm only here until Saturday, so most socializing will have to wait until my next trip :(

But today went as smoothly as it could have gone. I got up in time to shower and pack, and then [censored], [censored]'s coworker, and I went to the spy museum. It was pretty gimmicky in places, although [censored] and I both were able to memorize and retain our top secret spy covers throughout the morning, so I think that means we could've been super spies (unless asked to complete any mission on the edge of a cliff or roof or any other heights, in which case we would've failed immediately).

Still, I like spies and spy stories so I was happy to go. Then we had a quick lunch at shake shack, and then we went back to the hotel, where I changed and then said my farewells.

The rest of the day was travel - I had to connect in Denver, so I said hi to my new city briefly before flying to my old one. And now I really need to sleep since I have to get up and drive to mountain view in the morning - I'm sure any nostalgia I felt when driving into the city and seeing the Bay Bridge wreathed in fog will be cured when I have to do my old commute tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: