Saturday, September 08, 2018

life is a highway

I'm back in my own bed in Boulder after a very lovely day in the city of sin. I got just enough sleep, then showered, packed, and left Roam exactly at my eleven a.m. departure time. I then met Katrina at Nopalito - it's one of my favorite restaurants in SF, and it's an especially good choice for brunch (especially gluten free brunch).

So Katrina and I hung out there for a couple of hours, splitting lots of food and having a margarita each while catching up on life. We also walked around for a bit after, and Katrina bought me a gluten free cookie for the road before we parted ways.

I then grabbed a final Philz and drove to the airport. I was super early, so I planned to have some food and journal and enjoy the bustle of the international terminal, since my flight to Denver was for some reason departing from international. But as I was sipping my wine, I looked over at the bar, made eye contact with someone...and realized it was Chris Sallen, an old friend from work whom I knew a lifetime ago.

So we ended up talking for almost an hour - he was headed to Copenhagen for work, but his flight was delayed, and so it was pure serendipity that we ran into each other in a place neither of us should have been. It was really great to catch up, even if running into someone from fifteen years ago makes me feel super old (I've seen him more recently than that, but still).

Eventually though we both had to go, so we said our farewells and I made it to my gate just in time to board. I'd gotten upgraded, so the nap I enjoyed most of the way was slightly more comfortable than usual.

And now I'm home, and ready to enjoy my own bed for four whole nights before taking off again. Goodnight!

No comments: