Tuesday, September 25, 2018

good girls don't but I do

I had a fairly ridiculous day at work - it started off by winning an award from my VP, but it quickly went downhill due to an admirable quantity and quality of interpersonal bullshit. However, I did sneak away to answer email at Philz, which is better than answering it anywhere else.

I eventually got to Veronica's around 5:30, where we hung out and had medicinal wine (doesn't fume blanc cure the common cold?). I'm staying at her place tonight because hotels in SF are over $700 tonight because of Dreamforce - and thank God I'm not staying downtown, since the newly-opened transit center is suddenly closed because they found a fissure in a load bearing beam. This is comforting because, no matter what I fuck up at work, it will never be a load bearing beam in a two billion dollar structure.

Sssanyway. I eventually left Veronica's and met up with Lauren (aka Subz) at Sorrel. I hadn't seen Lauren since June, which was way overdue. We ate some super tasty food - I really loved the risotto and the steak, but my favorite bite was the polenta stuffed with cheese and fried, then covered with proscuitto and caviar. I barely understood the menu, but it was cheaper than I expected (but still super bougie to an embarrassing degree). And it was great to see Lauren - she made me miss a lot of things about SF that I'll probably forget as soon as I see the Boulder Flatirons.

And now I must sleep since I'm leaving in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: