Saturday, April 06, 2019

i need you in my house 'cause you're my home

Today was pretty lovely, although I was entirely too lazy at the end of it. I drove into Denver to meet up with Lou (my landlord / real estate agent) to look at a few houses. I ended up really liking one of them a lot - it's a half duplex, which I wasn't sure I wanted, but the half duplexes are, for the most part, nicer than the renovated single-family victorians (unless you're willing to go over a million dollars, which I am not). This one in particular has much better light than a lot of houses in these neighborhoods, and is also prime walking distance to a couple of great strips of restaurants.

So, I'm sleeping on it, but we'll see. After Lou and I wrapped up, I called Katie and discovered that she and her family were about to grab lunch only a couple of blocks from where my car was - so I crashed their festivities and spent some lovely time with them. It was a gorgeous day in Denver and felt like summer, so we sat on the patio at Bar Dough. I've wanted to try Bar Dough for ages - its chef was on Top Chef Colorado last year and I really liked her on the show, so I had high hopes. The restaurant lived up to them - while I had to get a gluten free pizza instead of a regular one, it was really delicious. Katie and I split it, and it was just about perfect - sausage, prosciutto, some amazing cheese, and garlic oil instead of tomato sauce. I don't often order white pizzas since I like tomatoes, but the garlic oil was perfect, so I was pretty pleased.

After we ate, and after Katie's daughters played with a dog that was so excited to be alive that it actually chewed through its leash, Katie and I parted ways from James and the girls. I drove Katie back over the the house I was interested in and we sat outside and stared at it like total creepsters - but Katie is into it because it would mean that we could have impromptu gatherings like today's lunch all the time. She would probably tell me that buying a trailer was a good idea if it got me to move to Denver faster, so I can't totally trust her opinion, but it was still good to get it.

Then I dropped Katie off, drove home, meant to do a ton of work tonight -- and instead mostly relaxed, napped, and researched houses. But I did two loads of laundry, so it wasn't a total waste. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: