Friday, April 19, 2019

the people of the town are strange, and they're proud of where they came

Just like the past two days, I spent much of today driving up to Des Moines and back. [censored] bought a [censored] from Uncle B and needed a ride up to retrieve it, so I volunteered as tribute. We stopped in town first so that [censored] could run into the courthouse while I washed my car, and then we drove up to the city. The drive was entirely uneventful and filled with pleasant conversation, although it took slightly longer than I would have liked because I couldn't speed aggressively - the cops are out for a 4/20-related drug dragnet all weekend, and my car here still has Colorado plates, which seemed like a good way for me to get tased.

sssanyway, I dropped [censored] off at [censored], then went to a Caribou Coffee and wrote for an hour. The writing was great and the Caribou Coffee was quite nice, so that was a lovely way to spend an hour in the city. Then I drove home, although I met [censored] in Indianola, where we had a quick lunch at [censored]. The rest of the drive was good enough; when I got home, I made a quick stop at the house, then took [censored] into town to pick up [censored] (and drop some stuff off at the secondhand store).

Then I came home and was v. lazy the rest of the day - I journaled a little, took a long nap, read a little, and then enjoyed supper with the family. I spent a couple more hours hanging out in the kitchen talking to my parents - but now I'm wiped out and it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: