Wednesday, April 24, 2019

the beat is a chemical

Today was a v long day with some fun in the middle of it. I got up in time to write for half an hour, although it was slow going this morning - I'm a bit stuck on the hero's motivation, so it was somewhat painful, but better than nothing. I took one meeting from home because I couldn't quite get out the door in time, then went to the office and had a bunch of meetings until 3:30.

I then played hooky for a few hours - I was overdue for a catchup with a coworker, so we went to Pizzeria Locale and had pizza and rosé, which is about as lovely of an afternoon as one could ask for. The subject matter wasn't entirely lovely since things have been pretty stressful at work for a lot of people, but it was still a really nice way to spend a few hours.

Then I came home and napped off the rosé, and then I worked for the last three hours - I had a couple of performance reviews to finish writing for tomorrow, and I also had a conference call with someone in India. Yes, performance review season never ends - I spent hours writing calibration notes a month and a half ago, and now that it's time to deliver the reviews I have to translate those notes into polished prose for the actual review. But I'll be done on Monday, and then I can go back to pretending this process doesn't exist until it starts again in September.

And now I really need to sleep - I may let myself off the hook for writing tomorrow morning since I have an 8:30 meeting, but I don't really want to, so let's see if I get enough sleep by going to bed right now. Goodnight!

No comments: