Monday, April 01, 2019

werewolves of london

It's my last night in the UK, and while I'm sad to be leaving London so soon, I'm ready to sleep in my own bed. Today was not ideal - I woke up sick and stayed in bed until nine in an effort to fix myself (it didn't work, but I probably feel better than I would have if I'd pushed harder today). I dragged myself to the office just in time to find that everyone had evacuated for a fire alarm, so I walked back to my hotel, had breakfast, and worked here for a couple of hours instead.

When I finally made it to the office, I had a few hours of meetings and a bit of time to do email. But I left at 5:30 for one last dinner with Alice, Chris, Kristen, and Morgan. We went to the Lighterman, which is in a posh new development behind King's Cross that used to be super sketchy and is now super charming. We had a great dinner as the sun went down (both literally and figuratively, since Kristen and I are leaving tomorrow and I won't see Alice or Chris for at least a month, thus ending a multi-day bonding extravaganza).

When dinner was over, we said our sad farewells, and then I came to my room, procrastinated for a bit, and then packed all my stuff. And now it's time to sleep since I need to get up somewhat early tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: