Monday, April 22, 2019

shuffle to the left let's glide now

I meant to go to bed an hour ago (the story of my life). Today was a v. v. long day - I woke up at 3:45 after a few hours of fitful slumber, which is the equivalent of waking up at 2:45am in Colorado. My flight was at six, so I left the hotel at 4:45, took the shuttle for a few minutes, and was through security by five - the DSM airport is remarkably efficient. That gave me time to grab an iced coffee before boarding, which was an attempt to wake up...

...but I took half a dramamine before takeoff, which may have knocked me out. I did write for a little bit on the flight (in between naps), and then we landed around seven a.m. When I got to Denver, I grabbed another iced coffee, grabbed my car, and drove to the office, where I made it in time to enjoy some free breakfast before the long slog began.

So I worked all day with varying degrees of energy, came home a little before five, messed around on my phone, and took a v. necessary nap. Then I did three loads of laundry and worked for an hour on day job stuff, and then I changed my sheets and unpacked and tried to straighten up. And now, it's definitely time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: