Tuesday, April 16, 2019

hall of fame

I was really not in the mood to get up this morning - but I managed to force myself out in time to write before work, which was a minor miracle. Then I slogged straight through from 9 to 4:15, drove to my nail salon, answered email for an hour while getting a pedicure, and then took an enforced break while I got a manicure. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon, although there are also certainly better ways.

Then I ran to Sephora to pick up a couple of things for my trip, went to Motomaki to eat salmon and rice and avocado for the last time in a few days, and stopped at Whole Foods to grab coffee for Iowa + coffee/cream to have here when I get back. I came home after that and did a couple of hours of day job stuff - I'm in fairly good shape at the moment, but I should probably do a couple more things in the morning, and I definitely need to do some work on Sunday if I want to survive next week.

And now I need to sleep - you'll notice that nothing above mentioned anything about packing, taking out the trash, tidying up, etc., so I need to do all of that in the morning before I head to the airport. Ye olde Iowa awaits - goodnight!

No comments: