Sunday, April 07, 2019

a little bit genghis khan

I spent today doing many things that are required of adults, even adults who are still technically millennials (but I'm among the oldest of the millennials, and I haven't had avocado in at least two days, so I barely count). Most of my day was spent doing my taxes, or rather, organizing all of my information to send it to my CPA. While this is cutting it close, I've had to file extensions the last two years because of my crazy travel schedule, so by that comparison I'm well ahead of where I should be, thankyouverymuch.

I also talked to [censored] for quite awhile; he reminded me that he had sent me the video to a ridiculous song called 'Genghis Khan', and he was correct in assuming that the video was exactly up my alley in terms of ridiculousness (it has a vibe similar to other ridiculous videos that I like, so don't bother to watch it if you have good taste, but definitely watch it if you are Ritu). But speaking of Ritu, I knew I had heard the song before - and long after watching the video, I remembered that we actually saw this band and heard this song at Boston Calling three years ago (blog post here, which reminds me that we had a truly epic night).

So, that was a nice interlude. I also took a couple of hours off from doing stuff to go to Pizzeria Locale for a mid-afternoon pizza and some quality journaling time; it was absolutely gorgeous today, so it was perfect for walking over there, chatting with my favorite bartender, and tasting a couple of the white wines she was pouring in abundance today. I also talked to my parents for quite awhile - since it was still nice at five p.m., I sat on my balcony while talking, which did a lot of good for my heart and for my vitamin D levels.

And now I need to sleep - morning will come all too soon, and I want to write before work, which means morning will come even earlier. Goodnight!

No comments: