Sunday, April 28, 2019

step on the glass, staple your tongue

Today was a lovely day, which is a good thing since I may have stored up enough happiness to get through the winter storm warning on tap for tomorrow. I got up earlyish for a weekend and actually wrote before my brunch plans, so I felt pretty smug about that. Then I had brunch with Kelly at River and Woods - their breakfast sandwich is so tasty, and the company was pretty great too.

Then I came home and did a bunch of stuff around the house all afternoon before spending some quality time on the phone with my parents - my dad had some better gossip than usual to share, which I was all in on because I love gossip (er, I mean, I'm a student of human nature, which sounds way better). Then I drove into Denver for dinner - my friend Barbara is in town to visit her daughter, and since her daughter works with me, I got invited to crash their festivities. We went to Bar Dough, which was just as good for dinner tonight as it was for lunch a few weeks ago - their gluten free pasta was perhaps the best gluten free pasta I've ever had. And it was great to see Barbara - I hadn't seen her since my Oceanside retreat, which is approximately when I went totally off the grid for a couple of months and lost touch with everyone, so we had a lot to catch up on.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: