Monday, April 15, 2019

it feels good to be running from the devil

Some parts of today were good - the inspection for the house I'm buying was today, so I spent a few hours there this morning making sure everything was up to snuff. I also had dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam) - she's in town all week to deliver a training, and I went to the session this afternoon. It was awesome to see her, and hopefully I'll lure her back for another visit soon. And I also wrote this morning, so I'm keeping my hopes alive.

But mostly I was sad - the Notre Dame fire was devastating, and I was distracted during the training by checking the news on my phone under the table to see what was happening. I love Paris, and Notre Dame is one of the most stunning buildings I've ever experienced - it's hard to believe so much of it was lost, and also hard to believe that so much of it was saved. It was also one of the inspirations for the young adult fantasy that I keep messing around with, and I had intended to set a major scene there - because who could ever imagine that it would be gone before I could finish the book?

So, I'll probably dwell on it for awhile...but now it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: