Sunday, April 14, 2019

heavy as a feather when you hit the dirt

I had a pretty good day, all in all - I slept until almost nine and was feeling a bit lethargic after spending eleven hours in bed. But I took care of a whole bunch of personal stuff today, ran a few errands, did a couple of loads of laundry, and spent a very nice hour in the mid-afternoon writing part of a scene for my new book while eating pizza at Pizzeria Locale. I think they gluten'd me this time - the pizza tasted different than usual, but I got a white pizza this time (delicious garlic oil and mushrooms) and so didn't really question it. However, the bill didn't have the upcharge for the gluten free crust, and I have a bit of a stomachache, so that was a bummer. But I probably shouldn't be eating this much pizza anyway, so now I have a good reason to toss the leftovers.

Still, I got some great writing done while sitting at the bar, so I'll take it. Then I came home, talked to my parents for awhile, and spent the evening taking care of more business (and also reading too much news on my phone). And now I really need to sleep - I have to be in Denver around 9:15 and I'd like to write in the morning (and possibly swing by the office to eat free breakfast rather than having to make anything myself) - so sleep would be a good idea. Goodnight!

No comments: